Back To Search
3rd Line Support Engineer
- Knightsbridge, London, UK
- £ 50000-£ 55000 GBP
- Job ID 40323361
Absolute IT Recruitment are supporting a software specialist in West London who are looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their internal IT and Technology team. The successful Infrastructure (3rd Line Support) Engineer will have the autonomy to plan your own projects and will be able to deliver proof-of-concept ideas to implement into the business.
We are seeking an 3rd Line Support Engineer with the following attributes:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience supporting knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10.
- Experience supporting Linux (Ubuntu, etc.).
- Strong understanding of networking (Cisco, switches, routers, wifi, firewalls, etc.).
- Experience supporting cloud/virtual environments such as VMWare and AWS.
- End-to-end involvement in IT projects (software rollouts, office relocations, etc.).
- Experience supporting Software Development teams.
- Understanding of DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc.).
- Knowledge of OpenStack (or similar IAAS tools).
What’s in it for you:
- Knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, Bash, etc.).
- Competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
- Financial support for training, conferences and certifications relevant to the role.
- Autonomy to choose and run your own business projects.
- Interesting challenges to solve (50% of employees have PhD’s, meaning tickets are rarely basic tasks).
- Flexible working (work from home, etc. after probation).
The business has an excellent culture and the successful 3rd Line Support Engineer will be a technically competent and forward-thinking individual. You will thrive on automating tasks, processes and looking to improve the infrastructure within the wider business.
For immediate consideration of this vacancy, apply today!
Key skills include: Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, DevOps Engineer, SysAdmin, AWS, VMWare, Cisco, CCNA, Windows 10, Linux, Windows Server, Firewalls, Switching, Routing, Git, etc.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Job expiration date 17 Jun 2020