Back To Search
Head of IT
- Holborn, London, UK
- £ 70000-£ 80000 GBP
- Job ID 37359485
Absolute IT Recruitment are recruiting a hands-on Head of IT on behalf of a fast-growth SME within the retail and e-commerce industry who are relocating to Holborn in the coming weeks. The successful Head of IT will be an individual has remained hands-on, with demonstrated experience working within a strategic capacity. Although you will responsible for the management of an internal support team, the Head of IT will have an excellent understanding of network and infrastructure support.
- Recommending improvements within the IT department and deliver them through structured planning.
- Oversee the delivery of systems, the implementation of the new systems, working to agile methodology.
- Review and improve IT Systems to ensure core business processes are met during our IT transition.
- Working with relevant teams to manage the IT budget efficiently and invest within the right areas.
- Ensuring that company assets remain preserved by maintaining a high level of security, including up-to-date policies and managing disaster recovery plans.
The successful Head of IT will likely have:
- Experience working within an IT Management / Lead IT Engineer role with a previous/current employer.
- A good understanding of Microsoft products and systems including Windows Server, Exchange and Microsoft Office.
- An understanding or VMware and Virtualised environments.
- An understanding of network support (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLANs, etc.).
- Relevant qualifications/certifications (related degree, MCP, MCSE, etc.).
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
As the senior member of the IT team within this organisation, this role will report to the board and CxO level employees, experience working alongside senior stakeholders within the business is therefore desirable. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Head of IT to join an established yet growing company which offers the autonomy and support required to be successful within the position.
Key skills include: Head of IT, IT Management, Infrastructure Support, Network Support, 3rd Line Support, VMWare, Virtualisation, TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, Citrix, ITIL, etc.
Apply now for consideration of this vacancy!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Job expiration date 08 Apr 2019