Back To Search
Head of IT
- Aldgate, London, UK
- £ 100000-£ 110000 GBP
- Job ID 37872021
Absolute IT Recruitment are recruiting a Head of IT on behalf of an established organisation within the Legal industry. The successful Head of IT will be an individual who can operate at a strategic level, with the technical insight to be able to successfully make decisions on what applications are the best fit for the organisations moving forward.
The purpose of the role is both BAU duties and to refresh the current applications; the ideal candidate will be an individual who is aware of change management, motivating users in the adoption of new technologies, application architecture and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time. The successful Head of IT will be an individual who can strike a balance between change management and business-as-usual support.
- Implementation of new technologies and applications to improve business efficiency.
- Business-as-usual support for internal stakeholders within the business to improve confidence in the IT department.
- Managing internal IT Support and Software Development professionals.
- Managing 3rd party suppliers to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Work alongside technical and non-technical stakeholders within the Senior Leadership Team and different areas of the business.
- Managing budgets to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
The successful Head of IT will likely have:
- Experience working within a Senior IT Leadership position (Head of IT, IT Director, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with demonstrated experience translating technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience improving the perception of the IT function within a previous organisation.
- Experience working within the Legal industry is desirable.
- Project Management accreditation's (i.e. PRINCE2) are desirable.
- A good understanding of Microsoft products and systems including Windows Server, Exchange and Microsoft Office.
The Head of IT will be responsible for managing the outsource provider to ensure that SLA’s are being adhered to, they also have a technical team in-house and it is key to effectively utilise both in-house and external IT resources. Although you will not be required to configure something, having knowledge of how it is done would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Head of IT to join an established yet growing company which offers the autonomy and support required to be successful within the position.
Key skills include: Head of IT, IT Director, Azure, Infrastructure Support, Network Support, Change Management, Azure, ITIL, PRINCE2, etc.
Apply now for consideration of this vacancy!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Job expiration date 11 Sep 2019