Back To Search
Head of Software Development
- Covent Garden, London, UK
- £ 110000-£ 120000 GBP
- Job ID 39402826
Absolute IT Recruitment are delighted to be representing a marketing and advertising specialist on their Head of Software Development vacancy in Covent Garden. The successful Head of Software Development will be integral in the organisations plans to utilise (and commercialise) the vast amount of data that is available to them.
In addition to leading the current team, the successful Head of Software Engineering will be responsible for building an exceptional team that can build robust and scalable products/platforms.
The successful Head of Software Development will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience working within a Senior/Lead Software Engineer role commercially.
- Experience building/mentoring Software Engineering teams.
- Experience architecting, designing and building scalable products/applications.
- Experience working within an Agile, CI/CD focused development team.
- A strong understanding of Software Development in either Python, Ruby, Scala, Golang or Java.
- Exceptional understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with Data Science and Data Engineering teams.
- Educated to a PhD/MSc level is desirable (STEM degree).
As the Head of Software Development, you will work alongside Software Developers, Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientist to develop modern applications using the latest languages and frameworks. In addition to the immediate project, the development of a self-learning platform and robust platforms, you will have the autonomy to scope and deliver future key business projects.
You will be working with cutting-edge technologies and will be provided with the support and resource to deliver market-leading products.
For immediate consideration, apply today!
Keywords include: Head of Software Development, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Hadoop, Python, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Flask, AWS, etc.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Job expiration date 31 Dec 2019