Back To Search
- Finchley Road, London, UK
- £ 40000-£ 50000 GBP
- Job ID 38692307
Absolute IT Recruitment are delighted to be exclusively representing a rapidly expanding Software House on their QA Engineer vacancy. The position is a hybrid role, with the successful QA Engineer being responsible for technical QA activities (i.e. bug testing) and documentation production and control. The organisation are a software solution specialist who are looking to employ a QA Engineer who will be responsible for the revision and approval of software packages built by their software engineering teams.
The successful QA Engineer will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated commercial experience working within a similar role.
- Experience working with bug tracking software (Bugzilla, ReQtest, Backlog, etc.).
- Commercial experience with document control processes within the software field.
- Experience in creating user guides in a previous role (experience using confluence is highly desirable).
- Experience creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for software.
- Experience producing test plans and defining software quality standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with electronic document management systems is highly desirable.
- An understanding of software development (i.e. PHP) is beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience using Confluence (or similar tools).
The software engineering team currently test code via peer reviews and will continue to do so (experience with Unit Testing is not required). The role of the QA Engineer will be to oversee the final code release, ensuring no bugs and other defects are identified to improve the overall quality of their solutions.
The team is comprised of Developers, Technical Architects, Project Managers and UX Designers work to an agile development methodology to deliver a variation of software projects. The successful QA Engineer will be joining a rapidly expanding business that offers internal and external training to ensure you are able to up-skill whilst they continue to adopt modern technologies.
Key skills include: QA Engineer, Documentation, Bug Tracking, Document Control, Software Quality, Test Plans, Bugzilla, Confluence, JIRA, Testing, Quality Assurance, etc.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Job expiration date 26 Sep 2019